Nicaragua - Limited Edition Dark Roast (Cold Brew Kit)
Each Cold Brew Kit contains four compostable mesh bags, each filled with 3oz (85g) of coarsely ground coffee. All you need is a jar, lid, water, and some time. Each bag makes up to 24oz (700ml) of coffee concentrate, 96oz (2.8l) per Cold Brew Kit.
To make cold brew coffee concentrate
- Place coffee-filled mesh bag in a clean quart jar or pitcher.
- Add 3 cups (700ml) water and cover (can be placed in refrigerator or brewed at room temperature).
- Wait 12-18 hours.
- Remove and compost/discard the mesh bag with coffee grounds.
- Add ice, water, milk, and/or ice cream to taste (or heat for hot coffee drinks).
- Concentrate can be stored in refrigerator up to two weeks.
We encourage you to experiment! Find more cold brew information and tips at wanderlustcoffees.com/coldbrew.
Medium-light body and medium acidity, with hints of grapefruit and lime. The coffee beans are organically grown and fairly traded, and air roasted in small batches in Lancaster, Pa.
Region: San Juan Rio Coco
Farms: Cooperativa Multisectorial Cultivando con Calidad en San Juan del Rio Coco
Altitude: 1,200 to 1,500 M above sea level
Grade: SHG EP
Varietal: Caturra, Catuai, Catimor, Bourbon
UCA San Juan del Rio Coco is based in the northern highlands of Nicaragua. The co-op has a membership of eight cooperatives and 430 individual farmers of which a quarter are women. UCA San Juan is all about high quality coffee. Their efforts and resources are spent in taking care of the entire production of this small group of producers to ensure greater international market share, competitive pricing and quality control.